Blue Zones are places in the world where people routinely live very long lives
Five Blue Zones have been identified around the world: Okinawa, Japan; Sardinia, Italy; Icaria, Greece; Loma Linda, California; and the Nicoya Peninsula of Guanacaste that includes Nosara.
There are four main things that people in Blue Zones are doing in order to live healthier and longer lives.
- EStaying active and not living a sedentary lifestyle. Move throughout the entire day - they don't just exercise.
- ELiving with purpose, having a reason to get up every day, and living with perspective. Could be faith. Could be a vocation.
- EBenefiting from the social support they receive from friends and family allowing them to move through life outcomes more smoothly.
- EMaking the "healthy choice the easy choice", and not just an option
“Live the real ‘Pura Vida’ Lifestyle”
Secrets of a Long Life,” lists nine blue zone lessons:
- EModerate, regular physical activity.
- ELife purpose.
- EStress reduction.
- EModerate alcohol intake, especially wine.
- EEngagement in spirituality or religion.
- EEngagement in family life.
- EEngagement in social life.
nosara real estate
Nosara is a little off-the-beaten-path – and most people will tell you they like it that way.”
The Nosara region of Guanacaste consists of five beach towns: Playa Nosara, Playa Guiones, Playa Garza, Playa Pelada, and Playa Ostional. The actual town center of “Nosara town” lies inland about five miles and is where much of the Tico population resides. Most of the hotels, yoga retreats, restaurants, cafés, and surf shops are located in Playa Guiones, making it the most popular spot with expats, as well as with foreign and national tourists alike.
The area is situated about half the way down the west coast of the Nicoya Peninsula. It borders el Refugio Nacional de Vida Silvestre Ostional (“Ostional Wildlife Refuge”). Ostional is famous for its arribadas (“mass nesting events”) of olive ridley and leatherback sea turtles, and is one of the largest olive ridley nesting sites in the world. It’s frequently at the top of everyone’s bucket list for Costa Rica. nosara real estate
nosara real estate is a little off-the-beaten-path – and most people will tell you they like it that way. It’s a place where you’ll find a lot of surfers, yoga practitioners, nature lovers, foodies, and granola-heads woven in amongst the locals.
We’ll celebrate Mother Nature with winding hiking trails that lead to our 10 waterfalls. Horses will be stabled in the community for equestrians. And we’ll feature public gathering areas where residents of all ages can congregate casually for a family picnic or a snooze in the shade. $1,000,000 is budgeted for community infrastructure. amenities